Search by Capability: Ethical Understanding
Find in Week-long projects:
- Create a kindness newsletter
- Have fun with poetry – each day, explore a new style (including examples from different cultures)– find poems about family and then write your own
- Pen pals between classrooms – could expand beyond National Families Week to write to elderly members of family & community
- Plan a family day for the class or school
- Research cultural differences between families
- Learn more about the Elderly – lifespan timeline – major events – respect
Find in Conversation Starters:
- What’s good about getting old? What’s not good? How can we address that and offer help to older members of family and community?
- Forming good habits – what life skills can we share to show manners, respect, patience?
- How can we practise sustainability around our home and community?
- Why do families from different backgrounds hold different beliefs?
- Sport: competition and participation – How do the reactions of spectators, your team and the opposing team affect you or your team mates?
- Top Ten Tips Conversation starters